Apply to work at Intuita
Position: Senior Data Engineering Consultant
You will come equipped with hands-on expertise in both on-prem and cloud-based environments and have a clear understanding of the opportunities and challenges presented by both. You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and be comfortable working across multiple projects simultaneously.
You will be required to bring strong technical skills within data engineering, data design/development and data solution prototyping. You will have performed one or more of these roles on multiple large-scale projects and be looking to further expand your skill set and exposure to the latest tools in this space.
Key to this role will be the ability to take ownership of highly technical data challenges, with an unrivaled attention to detail. You will thrive on complex data challenges, working both independently and through collaboration with team members to find elegant and efficient solutions.
Build clear and effective continuous integration with continuous deployment, enforcing automation in build, test, and deployment.
Utilise industry knowledge to provide clear recommendations for the evolution of the client’s data ecosystem
High-quality presentations with a detailed and succinct demonstration of analytical findings to senior-level client stakeholders.
Building data prototypes to test logic, play back to the stakeholders and adapt
High quality documents alongside all solutions, both technical and business-focused
Proof of quality and testing
To ensure outputs which will be quickly accepted and trusted by users
A strong working relationship with stakeholders is imperative in order to design meaningful and impactful solutions.
Creating compelling presentations and presenting information in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive, dynamic, and driven by delivering quality work, with a great eye for detail
- Energised by multi-client, multi-industry challenges
- Takes accountability and ownership of tasks, and finds a way to make it happen
- Ability to motivate self and other dynamic individuals both internally and within client teams
- An excellent communicator who can make sense of and communicate complex ideas
- Is not afraid to talk up and have an opinion in internal or client meetings
- Able to build expertise in the client’s business fast, able to pre-empt needs and navigate client worlds
- A critical thinker who is always looking for the best way to solve a problem
- A relationship builder, engaging effectively to build trust with clients and teammates
- A natural interest in respect to industry trends, emerging technologies, and new releases
Skills and experience required to fulfil the role
- Experience in partnering with the business to design, develop and build effective data pipelines.
- Technical decision maker and able to solve data engineering challenges with authority
- Experience in scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Perl
- Strong CI/CD principles, with applied knowledge
- Experience in working with large data sets in an enterprise environment
- Sound understanding of cloud and/or on-prem data ecosystems
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-based technologies, such as Google Cloud or AWS
- Strong data design experience, including 3NF, Kimball to build effective data models
- Significant hands-on SQL experience across multiple environments
- Good problem-solving skills and eagerness to provide the best possible outcome
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience in working with tools such as DBT is desirable
- Generous company and personal performance-linked bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home
- Proactive mental wellbeing programme
- BUPA Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Training courses/conferences supported
To apply please fill out the form below and we will be in contact shortly to discuss next steps.